Cognition Therapeutics is built on the tenants of open collaboration, scientific rigor and an unrelenting desire to find solutions to some of medicine’s most challenging diseases: Alzheimer’s disease, dementia with Lewy bodies, Parkinson’s disease and other disorders of the central nervous system. If you are interested in joining this dynamic team, we invite you to review the following open positions. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Cognition Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Reporting to the Director of Biology, the Research Associate will be a key contributor to a scientific research team discovering drugs to treat neurodegenerative and other age-related diseases including dry age-related macular degeneration (AMD).
This is not a remote position but will require work in a laboratory with other personnel, using standard social distancing if required (currently). However, any non-laboratory work (data analysis) will be done in the office or, in the interim, at home, due to current pandemic precautions. This position will be part-time.Major Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include performing experiments, data analysis, and presenting results at lab meetings. Studies will mostly focus on cell-based assays with human iPSC-derived cell types and cell lines. Also, some analyses of clinical samples may be performed, including proteomic analyses, graphing data, and performing statistical analyses. Designing experiments, executing them, and statistical analysis of data, presentation of data to company scientists and generation of data reports and study documentation is required.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, neurobiology or equivalent experience required
- Some industry experience in drug discovery preferred (including internships) a plus
- Experience with assay development or performing cell-based assays preferred
- Technical expertise in methodologies such as immunocytochemistry, RNA purification, protein harvests, cell culture, performing cell-based experiments and other basic lab techniques preferred
- Ability to attend on-line video and teleconference meetings from home and access to Wifi necessary to do work from home required
- Good organizational, problem-solving and a team-player mentality required
- Proficiency in all MS Office products including Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Experience with graphing and statistical software programs preferred (Prism)
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a fast-paced multidisciplinary team environment